At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Wichita Service Center is located at the original Learjet manufacturing site in the Air Capital of the World. Its dedicated staff of nearly 250 is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, as well as interior modifications, avionics installations, paint and provide Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. In April 2015, the facility expanded with an addition of 38,000 square feet of hangar space, bringing its total square footage to 113,000 and enabling the facility to service more aircraft, including Global aircraft.
In your role, you will:
Conduct preliminary hidden damage in progress, progressive, and final inspections of all work performed in assigned area. Assist with ensuring the airworthiness of aircraft and or components prior to returning to service.
• Perform hidden damage inspection
• Ensure all paperwork is complete and complies with engineering specifications, manufacturers maintenance manual, and Repair Station/Quality Control Manual prior to end-of-shift
• Perform service inspections of aircraft or components in accordance with applicable parts of chapter 14 CFR (FARs) and the manufacturer’s maintenance manual
• Assist other inspectors in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification
• Perform the Preliminary Inspection upon arrival of an aircraft at the facility prior to the commencement of maintenance or inspection.
• Inspect aircraft maintenance, repairs and alterations performed by Aircraft Maintenance Technicians to ensure the corrective action was completed
• Inspect all flight control systems maintenance
• Inspect fuel panels, final floorboard installation, final nose cowl closing, final aft fuselage closing, and final circuit breaker panel installation and provide “OK to Install”
• Inspect engine installation and provide “Installation OK”
As our ideal candidate,
• You have typically 1 year aircraft maintenance experience, with Bombardier business jet aircraft preferred
• You have the ability to read and interpret engineering documents and maintenance manuals
• You have an A & P license/certificate or an appropriately rated Repairman Certificate
• You have knowledge of SAP
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
For more information or to apply, please email:
Robin Merriman firstname.lastname@example.org