Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford Service Center offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February, 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility with a staff of 16, the facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft and over 235 dedicated employees. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 16 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
The Lead Avionic/Modification Technician, in a working capacity and in conjunction with the supervisor, oversees daily activities for an assigned functional area of Bombardier Business Aircraft Services (i.e., Quality, Maintenance / Operations, Line Maintenance, Interiors, Exterior Finish, Building Maintenance, Open / Close, etc). Specific Group Leader responsibilities may vary based upon assigned area.
In your role, you will:
• Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hangar positions
• Comply with Environmental / Health / Safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all work in a safe and timely manner
• Coordinate workload, overtime and job assignments for team members in assigned functional area
• Provide technical guidance and expertise to assigned employees in order to promote acquisition of technical proficiency and trouble shoot problems for assigned area(s)
• Monitor day-to-day activities for assigned area and report issues and risks to immediate supervisor
• Provide verbal and written turnover reports indicating status of work progress
• Oversee employee activities and document as required using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM), Sheet metal Repair Manuals (SRMs), Service Bulletin (SBs), scripts and tally books
• Assist in establishing a training plan for assigned area
• May provide input to supervisor in regards to disciplinary actions
As our ideal candidate:
• You would typically have a minimum of 5 years aircraft maintenance experience or substantiated equivalent experience in functional area
• You would typically have a minimum of 3 years aircraft maintenance experience or substantiated equivalent experience in functional area with typically a minimum of 2 years leadership / supervisory experience (Aircraft Maintenance preferred)
• You would typically have a minimum of 1 year of corporate aircraft experience
• You would exhibits effective leadership skills
• You would have a high School Diploma or equivalent
• You would have an A&P certification
• You would have the ability necessary to train employees in the performance of duties within area of specialization
• You would of demonstrated planning / organizational and time management skills necessary to prioritize, assign and coordinate workload of team members within a multiple project setting
• You would have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors and customers
• You would have basic PC skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• You would typically have a minimum of 1 year of Bombardier aircraft model experience
• You have the ability to forecast and provide job estimates
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills
• You have the ability to type (approximately 35 wpm)
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
For more information or to apply, please visit: